Napa Valley, CA
Responsible maintaining bookkeeping records and journal entries.
- Administer all mail and shipping activities: receiving shipments, assisting with outgoing mail and packages, sorting mail, maintaining shipping supplies.
- Maintain office supplies inventory and coordinate office supply purchasing.
- Ensure office equipment (copy machines, postage meter) is in working order and coordinate maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Maintain bookkeeping records; enter deposits and checks, prepare bank reconciliations, post accrual and adjusting journal entries.
- Assist finance department staff with posting and filing of journal entries for multiple legal entities.
- Assist and back up Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable.
- Prepare, maintain and distribute monthly department calendar.
- Other Finance department duties, as assigned.
- Assist other departments with special projects, as time allows.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- 2-3 years bookkeeping experience (A/P, A/R, bank reconciliations, general ledger, financial statements)
- 2-3 years office management experience (reception, office supply purchasing, office equipment maintenance coordination, administrative assistance)
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Typing speed of 40-60 wpm
- Strong organization skills
- Excellent grammar and writing skills
- Self-starter; ability to manage time and meet deadlines with little supervision
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to support team members with varying roles and personalities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced working environment managing multiple tasks
- Ability to spend considerable time at a computer
- Ability to bend, stretch and lift 20 pounds