Cellar (harvest 2017)
Napa Valley, CA
Performs general cellar duties as a member of the cellar team at a 60,000 case premium winery. Duties include crush and press operation, barrel work, wine transfers, chemical additions, sanitation, fining, filtering, forklift operation, and bottling.
- Performs juice, wine, and pumice movements using all winery process equipment (e.g. pumps, crushers, presses, etc.).
- Cleans and sanitizes tanks and processes equipment.
- Operates forklift as required.
- Performs barrel work, both hand stacking and machine stacking (barrel racks).
- Executes yeast and chemical additions.
- Completes cellar work orders and other paperwork in a thorough and timely manner.
- Maintains a safe, clean, and well organized work area.
- Furnishes lab with wine/juice samples for analysis.
- Directs activities of temporary cellar workers during harvest.
- FORKLIFT EXPERIENCE IS A PLUS
· Proficiency in mathematics required. Ability to perform calculations with accuracy.
· Ability to comprehend and follow verbal and written instructions.
· Ability to write simple correspondence neatly and clearly.
· Ability to lift and/or move 55# or more on a regular basis.
· Good communication skills, positive attitude, and ability to excel as a member of a small winery team are essential.
· Ability to contribute to a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a courteous and professional manner.
High school diploma or equivalency and previous cellar experience required. (Solid winery references are a must.)
· Must have a working knowledge of cellar winemaking requirements
For more information on this opportunity with Alkar Human Resources, call our office today!
Alkar Human Resources is a Woman Owned, full service staffing firm with clients located in Sonoma, Napa and Solano County. We offer full-time, part-time and Direct Hire placements! In the event you are not identified as a match for any of our job opportunities, please continue to visit our website at http://www.1alkar.com/.
If you are not currently residing in Northern California, please include in your inquiry that you are considering relocation. Please note some job opportunities are time sensitive and may not allow for relocation time.