Napa Valley, CA
Chefs and Sous Chefs Needed!
Part time/seasonal opportunities available in Napa Valley!
Chefs will report directly to the Executive Chef. The successful Chef will quickly amass an in-depth familiarity with the kitchen's operations to that they may fill in for the executive chef when needed and assist them in resolving any problems that may arise on the job. The qualified candidate must possess the ability to quickly and authoritatively delegate job tasks to a large staff.
- Planning and directing food preparation in the kitchen.
- Prepare and cook food, and familiarize themselves with all styles of cooking done in the kitchen.
- The Sous Chef is also responsible for overseeing the kitchen staff, which may involve scheduling or dealing with personnel conflict.
- Ensure that the food a restaurant or commercial kitchen is using is of top quality, and that staff are being mindful of the cost standards that come with the food.
- As assistant to the Executive Chef, the Sous Chef may help with menu planning, inventory, and managing of supplies.
- Assist in making sure the kitchen is up to safety standards, and that staff are obeying sanitation rules.
- Ideal candidates will possess two to three years of post high school education, preferably a culinary degree and 2-5 years experience in food and beverage service.
- Enthusiastic about food and a positive motivational leader.
- Must enjoy and be able to succeed in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers and coworkers.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store needs.
- Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the food profession, including experiential knowledge required for management of people and/or problems.
- Requires oral, reading and written communication skills.
- Food Handling Certification required.
For more information on this opportunity with Alkar Human Resources, call our office today!
Alkar Human Resources is a Woman Owned, full service staffing firm with clients located in Sonoma, Napa and Solano County. We offer full-time, part-time and Direct Hire placements! In the event you are not identified as a match for any of our job opportunities, please continue to visit our website at http://www.1alkar.com/.
If you are not currently residing in Northern California, please include in your inquiry that you are considering relocation. Please note some job opportunities are time sensitive and may not allow for relocation time.