Tasting Room Staff
Assist with the daily operations of the Wine Education Department and associated Hospitality and Wine Education events. Assure that all aspects of Wine Education are executed in a smooth, efficient and accurate fashion, while providing guest experiences of optimum quality.
- Greet VIP tour groups and other visitors.
- Conduct Wine Education seminars for small to very large groups.
- Conduct tours of facilities on foot and in company vehicles.
- Present and pour the wines of wineries at in-house tours, special events and outside tasting events as required.
- Confidently provide information about the winery and its products.
- Coverage on weekends, tours, offsite tastings and special events.
- Support in the operations of the Visitor Center and the set-up, execution and breakdown of special events.
- As needed, assist in educational programs and projects.
- Conduct regular wine inventories and maintain appropriate supply levels.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for wine in general.
- 2-3 years experience in winery hospitality or related field.
- Valid California’s driver’s license and a clean DMV record.
- Ability to re-locate from one facility to another during one shift.
- Mobility required to conduct tours of facilities on foot.
- Relaxed, friendly and professional demeanor.
- Able to interact effectively with wide range of contacts, i.e. the public, co-workers and members of other departments.
- Basic computer skills (i.e., word processing and spreadsheet generation) preferred.
- Wine Education Certification preferred, e.g. WSET, CSW or similar
- Regular working schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- Long and irregular hours during peak seasons and/or special events.
- Moderate to heavy physical work (moving wine cases, set-up, execution and breakdown for special events).
- Lifting up to 50 lbs, including overhead lifting.