Woodland, CA 95776
Status: Full Time, Full Time Regular
Pay: $21 - $22/hour
Shift: Day (subject to change)
Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Job Summary: Controls receivables by matching payment check deductions with customer deduction back up. Filing deduction claims and logging customer’s deductions by account and getting sales team approval or rejection of charges. Controls payables and expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices, purchase orders and receiving documentation. Verifying, posting and invoicing sales orders; resolving discrepancies. Answers phones and emails and does customer service for changes to orders.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities Include
- Reconciling customer cash receipts deductions with deduction back up**
- Filing claims for repayment by organizing information, drafting emails and attaching back up for our claims
- Retaining all electronic and printed back up organized by retail and distributor customers
- Following up on claim repayment and reporting status monthly to Controller and CFO
- Posts revenues by verifying and entering transactions in computer system.
- Updates receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
- Maintains records by filing invoices, debits, and credits.
- Imports orders and exports invoices to customers EDI system
- Keying in sales orders that are not EDI
- Verifies validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from sales, trade promotions, customer service departments, and from customers.
- Resolves valid or authorized deductions by entering adjusting entries.
- Resolves invalid or unauthorized deductions by following established procedures.
- Assists Controller with resolution of collections by examining customer payment plans, payment history, credit line; coordinating contact with Controller.
- Summarizes receivables by maintaining invoice accounts; coordinating monthly transfer to accounts receivable account; verifying totals; preparing reports.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing computer system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts (coding) and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
- Reconciles purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; ensures credit is received for outstanding memos; issues purchase order amendments; verifies federal ID numbers, contact information and remittance information.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Records, keeps track of and reconciles Prepaid Inventory.
- Reconciles and maintains schedule of PO Clearing account.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Organization, Accounting, Data Entry Skills, General Math Skills, Financial Software skills, Analyzing Information, Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Reporting Research Results, Verbal and Written Communication
- Ability to walk long distances, climb stairs use an aerial lift and work in warehouse with seasonal temperature variations.
- 3-5 Years AR & AP Experience
- Intermediate Excel skills