JOB DESCRIPTION – BLENDING SPECIALIST
Blend Specialist works closely with Quality Assurance team and Production Managers to ensure food production excellence with the highest level of food quality, food safety, lot documentation, and prevention of cross contamination from risks such as allergens or foreign matter.
Blend Specialist is responsible for accurately implementing blending production plan by pulling correct quantities of full bags and boxes of ingredients according to production pick ticket and documenting lot numbers with scanner, and cooperating with Quality Control staff who then double checks lot numbers and items. Blend Specialist then puts ingredients into the blender and blends them according to blending instructions. Blend Specialist then brings sample of blend to Quality Assurance to cook up and either approve or place on QC hold. During this time, Blend Specialist inspects tote assigned to hold blend for cleanliness and dryness. If Blend Specialist has approved tote for use, Blend Specialist empties blend out of blender and into tote. After blend is approved, Blend Specialist prints blend lot number sticker for approved blend and puts sticker on correct tote. Blend Specialist then puts tote in correct staging or production station. Blend Specialist performs dry cleaning in between dry blends using food grade brushes. After production, Blend Specialist performs wet cleaning on blender and works with QC staff member who performs swab test on blender equipment to confirm zero bacteria count. Blend Specialist works with Production Managers and Quality Assurance to keep blends and totes moving to staging and production areas.
• Positive, helpful disposition to maintain sense of pride, teamwork and enjoyment
• Attention to detail and high standards for quality, production, and accuracy
• Ability to drive an order picking fork lift and to gather 50 lb bags/boxes from 30’ tall racks and put them back. Scan location codes.
• Cooperation with Quality Assurance Department and Production Manager to keep production moving efficiently including prompt, accurate pulling of ingredients, blending, and tote labeling and staging
• Use of Automated Warehouse Scanner Technology to document lot numbers and location codes
• Notice and alert Quality Assurance or of any signs of incorrect labeling, poor quality, wrong lot numbers, or cross contamination from inserts or foreign matter in ingredients
• Alert for food spillage from such events as fork lift damage or dropping bags of food and prompt QC notification, clean up and QC hold proper labeling and holding of ingredient for possible future use if approved.
• Participate as directed in blender and warehouse cleaning
• Follow Company Policies and assist Quality Assurance Team and Production Managers in insuring company policies are followed
• Assist Production Managers and Quality Assurance to ensure team members are respectful and patient with each other and that everyone performs to high achievement standards
• Adhere to blending and manufacturing production plans which include allergen production sequence
• Follow Good Manufacturing Procedures & Follow Food and Worker Safety Procedures
• Assist Quality Assurance Team and Production Managers to ensure Food Safety HACCP program is followed and documented
• Cross train and perform other functions as needed
• Use Lock Out Tag Out Procedures and complete Lock Out Tag Out Logs.
• Perform fork lift pre-operation inspections and complete inspection documents
• Perform proper equipment and facility sanitation to minimize risk of allergen or pest contamination
• Use proper cleaning procedures and participate in facility maintenance
• Timely attendance. Ability to work flexible work schedules which vary with seasonality and work flow among other factors.
• Day shift 5am-2:30pm. Swing shift 2:30pm-10:30pm. Hours vary.
• Ability to accurately perform functions as assigned and to keep up with production
• Ability to read item and lot numbers on work orders and on stickers and to match correct items/lots to use
• Ability to master food production essentials such as Hazzard Analysis and Control, Allergen Management, Good Manufacturing Practices, Safety Procedures. Prior food production experience is a plus but not mandatory.
• Adherence to all Company Policies including cleaning procedures and safety procedures
• Ability to stand during entire shift and walk long distances and go up and down stairs.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs., drive a fork lift and to pull orders from tall racks and put boxes away documenting locations
• Ability to work with food allergens and all types of food as well as rare earth magnets.
• Ability to work in varying temperatures
• Wear protective equipment. No cell phones or ear buds allowed in plant
• Ability to speak and hear English
• Drug Testing and Background checks required. Health screening for Hepatitis and TB
TEMP TO HIRE 12 weeks