Fairfield, CA 94534
Forklift Operations Supervisor Job Description
The role of a Forklift Operations Supervisor is to look into the maneuvering and movement of industrial equipment for the transfer of goods and material into warehouses. The supervisor is also responsible for the maintenance, repair, and service of all such equipments. Forklift operation supervisors are typically required in shipping docks, warehouses, airports, manufacturing sites and other related industries.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing routine checks and inspection of forklift equipment.
- Assigning and supervising the work of forklift operators.
- Ensuring to meet deadlines for transfer of goods and materials.
- Coordinating with warehouse managers for the unloading and loading of material.
- Ensuring and following safety measures and regulations for forklift operators.
- Maintaining records of the weight, labels and tags of all lifted goods.
- Managing all inventory records.
- Ensuring the cleanliness and smooth operation and handling of materials during transfer.
- Keeping records of damaged goods and material.
- Conducting regular training and exercises for forklift operators.
- Evaluating the work and performance of forklift operators.
Skills and Specifications
- Good teamwork and leadership skills.
- Good physical health and ability to manage stress.
- Ability to effectively manage time and meet necessary targets.
- Knowledge and capacity to efficiently delegate work.
- Analytical and operational skills and the ability to adapt in a fast pace work setting.