SUMMARY OF POSITION:
To provide oversight and direction to the laundry employees, ensuring that proper planning, organizing, training and leadership is provided.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPAN OF AUTHORITY:
- To operate laundry on a daily basis with efficiency, respect, friendliness, professionalism, teamwork, knowledge, patience, awareness, compassion, courtesy and initiative. Understanding philosophy of owner, attention to detail and follow through of all policies.
- Organize the work flow to ensure that an equal distribution of responsibilities are allocated to each employee; while balancing the needs of each of the properties supported.
- Work in a collaborative fashion with the leadership of each of the properties that the laundry supports, soliciting input on ways to improve the overall perceptions of quality and timeliness.
- Where needed, establish operating protocols to support the day to day operations of the laundry facility. Achieve company objectives in service, quality, appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
- As a working supervisor, fill in where needed to ensure service standards and efficient operations; including deliveries and the laundry facility.
- Ensure the quality and integrity of the items handled by the laundry, auditing on a daily basis and following the established protocols for damaged items.
- Continually strive to develop your staff in all areas of five star service and professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner; (including, new hire, performance counseling, reviews, payroll and terminations).
- Hire, train and evaluate staff in a timely fashion.
- Be knowledgeable of laundry policies regarding personnel, and together with Human Resources, administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Responsible for the oversight of the laundry’s operating budget; being attentive to managing the costs in accordance to the established levels. As needed, make recommendations and/ or changes to enhance the operating performance of the facility.
- Maintain the organization/cleanliness of the physical laundry room; ensure that all laundry equipment and supplies are kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the laundry’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Strive to increase the safety and well being of your employees by being attentive to any service needs timely.
- Oversee the ordering of supplies utilized for the successful operations of the laundry facility. This includes paper products, linens, cleaning solvents, etc.
- Provide leadership to create a culture and work environment based upon respect; providing opportunities for staff to learn, grow and develop their abilities. Successful demonstration of this will be evident by employee satisfaction and retention of those under your supervision.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Computer knowledge and basic math.
Valid Drivers license with no active infractions
Ability to reach bend and stoop frequently
- Must be bilingual
Mon - Fri
6:00am - 2:00pm