Alkar Human Resources , 4717 Mangels Blvd, Fairfield, CA 94534 Fairfield, CA
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement OSHA policies and programs
- Advise employees on various safety topics and tasks
- Prepare and present safety training
- Periodically review existing policies and procedures to be sure they remain compliant and accurate
- Support the Safety departments of our sister plants as directed by the Corporate Safety Director.
- Conduct Safety Audits for compliance with Grassland and OSHA Safety policies
- Perform Safety orientation for new employees
- Track and record OSHA injury logs and Workers’ comp insurance claims
- Prepare and present reports on accidents and hazards and determine causes
- Work with management to find ways to reduce or eliminate causes of workplace injuries
- Conduct risk assessments
- Oversee projects to be sure they are compliant and do not present risks
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt effectively within a continually changing and demanding environment.
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability and willingness to communicate effectively and efficiently.
- Proficient in computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Good Time management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills