2680 MAIN ST Napa, CA 94558
Shipping And Receiving job description. Shipping and Receiving workers are responsible for keeping records of all products shipped and received in a company. They pack the goods in shippingcontainers, develop mailing labels and shippingdocuments and ensure that all orders have been filled correctly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment; may process return shipments from customers.
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is shipped or received.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Delivers items to requisitioning departments and obtains authorized signatures for accepted items.
- Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
- May maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file shipping/receiving records.
- May operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment; may operate shrinkwrap machine; may operate company vehicle to deliver shipments; may assist in routine maintenance of equipment and shipping area; may lock warehouse and set alarms.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- Leads, guides, and trains employees performing related work.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Ability to read and write.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
- Ability to lead and train staff and/or students.
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork.
- Ability to read, sort, check, count, and verify numbers.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to perform simple arithmetic.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Ability to receive, stock, and/or deliver goods.
- Knowledge of postal or commercial shipping methods and procedures