Solano County, CA
Exciting Opportunity For An Experienced Sous Chef!
- Assist executive chef in all preparation, cooking, and oversight of culinary operations daily, including collecting, washing, and preparing ingredients as well as seasoning and cooking foods to proper temperatures as indicated in recipes and safety standards.
- Create, prepare, test, and implement new food and beverage additions to the menu in accordance with special events, themes, and allergy or dietary restrictions.
- Ensure all processes, equipment, employees, and methods comply with federal, state, and local laws regarding cleanliness, safety, documentation, and alcohol awareness standards.
- Oversee all kitchen operations as directed by the executive chef, verify proper technique and quality standards, quickly assess any problems, and proactively respond by assisting other cooks as needed.
- Communicate efficiently and clearly with other kitchen personnel, front-of-house staff, management, vendors, and customers daily and maintain a calm and controlled demeanor during stressful situations or critiques.
- Plan seasonal menus that include local and/or unique ingredients, implement cost control methods to ensure adherence with budgetary standards, determine appropriate inventory requirements, order products, and receive and catalog food items.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Culinary School certification or four years’ equivalent work experience a plus, but not required
- Ability to use all standard commercial kitchen equipment safely and correctly
- Strong teamwork and communication skills
- Experience providing excellent one-on-one customer service
- Menu planning and catering experience
- Familiarity with inventory processes and cost control methods