3273 Claremont Way Napa, CA 94558
Assist with the daily operations of the Wine Education Department and associated Hospitality and Wine Education events. Assure that all aspects of Wine Education are executed in a smooth, efficient and accurate fashion, while providing guest experiences of optimum quality.
- Greet VIP tour groups and other visitors.
- Conduct Wine Education seminars for small to very large groups.
- Conduct tours of facilities on foot and in company vehicles.
- Present and pour the wines of wineries at in-house tours, special events and outside tasting events as required.
- Confidently provide information about the winery and its products.
- Coverage on weekends, tours, offsite tastings and special events.
- Support in the operations of the Visitor Center and the set-up, execution and breakdown of special events.
- As needed, assist in educational programs and projects.
- Conduct regular wine inventories and maintain appropriate supply levels.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for wine in general.
- 2-3 years experience in winery hospitality or related field.
- Valid California’s driver’s license and a clean DMV record.
- Ability to re-locate from one facility to another during one shift.
- Mobility required to conduct tours of facilities on foot.
- Relaxed, friendly and professional demeanor.
- Able to interact effectively with wide range of contacts, i.e. the public, co-workers and members of other departments.
- Basic computer skills (i.e., word processing and spreadsheet generation) preferred.
- Wine Education Certification preferred, e.g. WSET, CSW or similar
- Regular working schedule to include weekends and holidays.
- Long and irregular hours during peak seasons and/or special events.
- Moderate to heavy physical work (moving wine cases, set-up, execution and breakdown for special events).
- Lifting up to 50 lbs, including overhead lifting.