Benicia, CA US
The DS100 Technician performs dry soak analysis on natural cork for TCA and off-aromas, assists with training of new DS100 Technicians, and calculates and records analysis results. The DS100 Technician will also perform setup of cork and glassware for sensory analysis, clean glassware, and maintain the Production spreadsheet and related paperwork. The DS100 Technician follows-through on a set processes and ensures adherence to best production practices and product quality standards, participating in in-process audit and validation checks as a key indicator of sensory performance.
- Setup and perform sensory analysis of natural cork using olfactory recognition of TCA and other off-aromas.
- Production spreadsheet data entry: Create new entries, enter daily results, and report issues to the DS100 Supervisor.
- Verify correctness of raw and finished DS100 cork bales entering and exiting the 13S100 process.
- Cleaning activities and other duties as assigned by the 0S100 Supervisor or Quality Director.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire others with confidence and composure, especially under high-demand situations.
- Ability to manage time effectively and assist the 0S100 team with sensory or setup once your daily duties are complete.
- Able to perform and execute basic mathematical calculations, including the use of Excel as a database tool.
- Detail oriented, well organized and ability to work with others cohesively as a team and independently.
- Able to prioritize workload and adjust as necessary to meet the demands of time-sensitive orders.
- Able to contribute to a positive work atmosphere by effectively communicating among team members.
- Familiarity with quality control, GMP, manufacturing, or natural cork used in the wine industry a plus.
Temp to Hire position
Schedule: Monday to Friday, Day Shift: 7am to 3:30pm